Prospective Students with Swiss Qualifications
Applications to the HES engineering programmes, for which places are limited, are welcomed from prospective students with the following qualifications:
- holders of a certificat fédéral de capacité (CFC - federal certificate of proficiency) relevant to the programme chosen, and a maturité professionnelle technique (MPT - technical vocational baccalaureate).
- holders of a CFC relevant to the programme chosen and a diplôme de technicien ES (technical higher education institute diploma) or qualification deemed to be equivalent, without an entry examination.
- holder of a maturité académique / gymnasiale (non-vocational baccalaureate) or qualification deemed to be equivalent, along with certification of a year of industrial experience or a year of vocational knowledge (ACP), without an entry examination.
- for students having already begun a university-level programme: selective admission on a case-by-case basis.
In some cases, prospective students may be asked to follow an additional preparatory course in the weeks preceding the start of the programme (see “Preparatory Module” document below).
Prospective Students with French Qualifications
- holders of a BTS (Brevet de Technicien Supérieur - higher technical certificate) or a DUT (Diplôme Universitaire de Technologie - technological university diploma): admission to first year.
Applications from prospective students with other qualifications or from other countries and specific cases will be considered by the School’s management.