The Haute Ecole Arc is attentive to equal opportunities. It participates in the system of (inter)cantonal respondents whose primary task is to coordinate the equal opportunities policy within the HES-SO. Through incentive projects, targeted communication and awareness-raising actions.
The Equal Opportunities Scheme works, among other objectives, to:
- integrate the principles of equality into the structures of the HE-Arc and the HES-SO
- to increase the number of female staff (teachers and researchers) and ensure equal opportunities in recruitment procedures
- create a favourable environment for the reconciliation of work and family tasks
- develop the gender skills of the teaching staff
- supporting gender studies, raising awareness of cultural diversity issues among staff and students
- to implement disability-related measures and, more directly, for the institution’s students
- increasing the proportion of female students in study programmes without equitable representation, by targeted recruitment of the under-represented gender
- providing support for trainees in under-represented fields of study
- promote the reconciliation of training and family life
- encourage women to undertake and pursue a professional career.