HE-Arc Engineering offers four different Bachelor’s Degrees. Each degree offers majors that define the specialization of the students.
During the 6th semester, students complete a Bachelor’s thesis, which may take place on one of the HE-Arc Engineering sites (Neuchâtel, Saint-Imier, Le Locle or La Chaux-de-Fonds) or within the client company.
Conditions of the Bachelor’s thesis
- Number of hours dedicated to the Bachelor’s thesis : 450
- Time period / duration :
- Computer Science and Communication Systems, Industrial Design Engineering: from February to July, one day weekly during the first 10 weeks, then 10 weeks full-time.
- Industrial Engineering and Management: from February to July, full-time during 22 weeks.
- Microengineering : from May to July, full-time during 12 weeks.
- Bachelor’s thesis report submission : end of July
- The possible costs of specific material are at the charge of the company and a contribution of 3000 CHF to the administrative costs and management of intellectual property is requested in case of confidential project.
Possibility of combining a Bachelor’s thesis with an internship (6 months)
It is possible to include the Bachelor’s thesis in a longer internship in your company. If you are interested, please check the corresponding box below and we will inform you of the specific conditions.
Procedure for submitting a Bachelor’s thesis
1. The company submits a project with a brief description before mid-December.
2. The different projects are presented to the students who express their preference (we cannot guarantee that all the proposed projects will lead to a Bachelor’s thesis).
3. If the project is selected, the company will provide detailed specifications that will allow the objectives of the Bachelor’s thesis to be set.
We do not guarantee the results of Bachelor’s theses done by students; in case the results must be guaranteed, we recommend that you entrust a mandate to one of our research groups.
Submission form for a Bachelor’s thesis at HE-Arc Engineering
Deadline : mid-December
"*" indicates required fields
Industrial Design Engineering
Yannick Ebiner : firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Ergonomics and Design Major
Christophe Varidel : email@example.com
Head of Mechanical System Design Major
Jean-Daniel Lüthi : firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Watchmaking Engineering Major
Philippe Potty : email@example.com
Head of Biomedical Engineering Major (Microtechnologies and Electronics)
Industrial Engineering and Management
Jean-Marc Buforn : firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Industrial Process Engineering Major
Computer Science and Communication Systems
Marcelo Pasin : email@example.com
Head of Software Engineering Major
Stefano Carrino : firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Data Engineering Major
Serge Monnerat : email@example.com
Head of Embedded Software Major