The Certificate of Advanced Studies in Web Application Development (CAS-DAW) allows you to apply web technologies in your job as an engineer.
The Certificate of Advanced Studies in Web Application Development (CAS-DAW) allows you to develop, deploy and maintain structured, secure and dynamic web applications using web data formats, to interface them to databases and to ensure their referencing.
This CAS is part of the Master of Advanced Studies in Rapid Application Development (MAS-RAD).
The CAS-DAW is composed of several modules that can be taken independently.
|Internet protocols and static web pages with HTML and CSS||26||Patrick Janser (external)|
|Web parsers and formats with XML and JSON||25||Aïcha Rizzotti (HE-Arc)|
|Introduction to databases for the Web||14||Hugues Mercier (HE-Arc)|
|Design and development of advanced databases||28||Hugues Mercier (HE-Arc)|
|Design, implementation and backend deployment with PHP and community tools||26||Marc Schaefer (HE-Arc)|
|Hosting and referencing||15||Daniela Chrzanovski et Marius Amza (Swiss Webacademy)|
You will be able to:
- create static pages with HTML5
- define CSS3 style sheets
- identify the use cases of XML, JSON and REST and build an application demonstrating the mastery of these formats and concepts
- design and operate a classic and web-oriented database
- design, develop and deploy simple web applications with an MVC mini-framework developed in class in PHP and an SQL database, using project management tools (forges)
- build an efficient online presence and the natural referencing of your websites
This CAS is mainly intended for engineers without an IT degree.
You must have a Bachelor’s degree or an engineering diploma (ETS, HES, EPF) in microengineering, mechanics, electronics, civil engineering or any other field or an equivalent university degree.
Otherwise, admission decisions could be based on the quality of your application file, within the limits of the quota authorized by the HES-SO.
Duration and Organization of Studies
Part-time: about 1 semester
Campus Arc 2, Neuchâtel
31 August 2025
5 500 CHF
This CAS allows you to qualify for a career in the development of applications for data processing and visualization.